SFD Phase IV
SFD IV is running a 5-year program (from 2011 to 2015) responding to the (2011-2015) state Plan for Economic and Social Development and Poverty Reduction. The SFD IV (2011-2015) has projected to implement intervention worth $1.1 billion, it can now commit to the implementation of 1,400 projects annually, disbursing in average some $14 million per month with operating expenses of approximately 5%.
Community and Local Development Program
- Access of poor communities to basic social services (education, water, health, rural roads and the environment);
- Continue to respond to priority needs expressed by local communities;
- Maintain focus on vulnerable groups (youth, women, children and special needs groups);
- Preserving the rich cultural heritage of Yemen and providing jobs.
Small and Micro Enterprises Development Program
- Continue to support Micro Finance Institutions to provide effective and sustainable financial services;
- Encourage new local and international potential players to join the sector;
- Support institutions to provide effective Business Development Services.
Capacity Building Program
- Capacity building and skills development to local authorities, private sector, communities and non-governmental organizations;
- Continue to support central government focusing on human resources development, institutional development and strengthening of systems;
- Promote decentralization and local development through capacity building of local councils and local authorities.
Labor Intensive Works Program
- Provide temporary job opportunities for the chronically poor;
- Building and rehabilitating community infrastructure (roads, terraces, water management systems);
- Addressing external shocks through the provision of a comprehensive safety net – linked to enhancing rural productivity.